processes

From: Daud <daud11_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 17 Sep 2002 09:20:48 -0700

What's the impact of having large number for processes (init parameter) other than allowing more connections to oracle? I am used to setting it around 500. However, for this one particular app I am gonna have to set it to more than 2000 to support 400 clients because each client can at any one time opens up 5 connections. I am just not such what's the impact.

In HPUX 11.0, do I need to set SEMMSL? I dont seem to be able to find that kernal parameter.

rgds
Daud Received on Tue Sep 17 2002 - 11:20:48 CDT