Fine Grain Security and select... for update

From: Ronnie Yours <ronnie_yours_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 10:53:53 -0400

Hi,

I am in the process of implementing fine grain security on our databases and it works great except for the fact that when it comes to Lobs it doesnt seem to work, especially in case of updates.

Is it a known issue or am I doing something wrong.

In my database certain users can see a record but cannot update it.

The problem is when trying to update a clob field I need to do a select for... update and this selects the row for update irrespective of the security on it. This is because the user has select rights on the row . But the user should not be able to issue a select ... for update because he/she does not have update rights on the row.

Now using dbms_lobs.write the user can write into a lob field even if he does not have priveleges to do it.
Please suggest.

Thanks
Ronnie Received on Tue Sep 17 2002 - 09:53:53 CDT