LOBs and Dynamic SQL PRO*C Method 4

From: Eric <bytewarrior2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 16 Sep 2002 14:48:39 -0700

I'm trying to insert rows using dynamic sql method 4 in pro*c. The rows have blobs. Consider:

insert into tab1 (char1) values (:a) returning blob1 into :b

Then, using the blob locator, I want to use the blob routines to update the blob (rather than using in the value list).

For non-blob columns, I set up my sqlda->V[i] fields to point to the data buffer, and sqlda->T[i] to specify a data type of character.

How do I set these fields up for blob locators? This isn't documented anywhere I could find. Tried a few things using OCIClobLocator * for the V pointer value, that didn't seem to work.

I don't know in advance how many columns, or blob columns for that matter, the insert statement will have, therefore method 4. I already have a bunch of pro*c code that does most of the work and am therefore reluctant to switch the whole thing over to OCI.

Any clues would be appreciated. Received on Mon Sep 16 2002 - 16:48:39 CDT