Re: Funny problem with LIKE operator

From: TurkBear <john.greco_at_dot.state.mn.us>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 11:10:28 -0500

Just an addition; all DATE fields in Oracle are DateTime so will always have a time component that must be dealt with..As you saw from your data, the Time is set to Midnight (00:00:00)if no explicit time is given on input.

This has a great effect when comparing dates; If the TIME is not relevant, use 'Where Trunc(DateField1) < Trunc(DateField2) ' or similar to avoid comparing the time part..

   http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----= Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Unlimited Fast Downloads - 19 Servers =----- Received on Mon Sep 16 2002 - 11:10:28 CDT