Questions about Plumtree

From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital_nospam_at_singnet_nospam.com.sg>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 22:27:14 +0800

My organisation is planning to implement Plumtree as a Corporate Portal.
We have done a smaller implementation of Oracle 9iAS Portal and Oracle iFS and I am familiar with these two products.

I have had some experiences where there has been hard-coding of hostnames/portnumbers inside of iFS and Oracle Applications R11 (profile options and application configuration files) which have to be manually fixed whenever I clone the database from Production to Development.

I wonder if Plumtree also maintains tables inside the database where hostname, portnumber, directoryname etc information is stored ? These would have to be manually updated whenever the Development environment is ported from one server to another and when porting the Pre-Prod to PROD. Hemant Received on Mon Sep 16 2002 - 09:27:14 CDT