Re: Recovering Dropped Tables with no Backup

From: eugenep <eugene_at_mail.gsfc.state.ga.us>
Date: 16 Sep 2002 07:03:39 -0700

> Is there some way a dropped table can be recovered?

Given the scenario (NOARCHIVELOG, NO O/S backups), the only way you could restore a table would be if you had an export file from which to work with. You could then import the table in question from it. However, that particular version of the table may NOT be logically consistent with the current versions of the other tables in your database which your applications use.

... he had been told in an
> interview that it can be done.

Show me how! I LOVE magic tricks, as does my 5th grade daughter.

FYI: DROP TABLE generates DELETE operations on COL$, OBJ$ and TAB$.

Bottom line, you're SOL without any redo, physical backups or logical backups to work with.

Regards,

   Eugene Pokopac (Oracle DBA - Georgia Student Finance Authority) Received on Mon Sep 16 2002 - 09:03:39 CDT