Oracle performance tuning

From: Mosura <stewho**you_know_what_to_do**_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 16:46:04 +0100

Hello

I am a final year computing degree student in the UK. My final year project is on Oracle performance tuning and optimisation.

Does anyone have, or know the location of, white papers, journals, publications or books (of these, I have some) on the following subjects.

 Database design concepts.
 Database design for optimisation and performance tuning.  Characteristics of a well tuned database.  Factors affecting database performance.  The effect of poorly tuned databases.
 The specifics of tuning an Oracle database.  Strategies for resolving Oracle performance issues.  Tools available to tune an Oracle database.  RBO v CBO.

This would greatly aid my literature review as I need ton of references.

I would appreciate any help.
Stephen
ste_at_mossy**you_know_what_to_do**.biz

PS Please forgive the cross-post. Received on Sun Sep 15 2002 - 10:46:04 CDT