Re: Howto generate records in stored procedure

From: Jan van Toor <jan_at_vtwebs.nl>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 08:47:23 GMT

Daniel,

I didn't explain the problem correctly. I am not very experienced with Oracle. I am trying to convert a solution, I built with Borland's Interbase, to Oracle.

In Interbase you can define a kind of output-record for a stored procedure. Based upon data of one or more tables, you can fabricate your own records. Everytime you execute an SUSPEND-command, a record is added to the resultset. In Interbase I would read from a cursor and give three SUSPEND-commands for every record read.

A calling program can read this output as if it where a real table.

Is this also possible with Oracle?

Kind regards
Jan van Toor

"Daniel Morgan" <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> schreef in bericht news:3D820676.A88A7657_at_exesolutions.com...
> Jan van Toor wrote:
>
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > I have got to write a stored procedure, which reads the contents of a
 table.
> > For every record read, three identical records must be generated in a
> > resultset (or temp table?). The resultset is connected to a REF CURSOR
 in a
> > package.
> >
> > I work with Oracle7, so a lot of goodies like temp tables and
 Object-types
> > can't be used.
> > Do you know a solution? A code-snippet would be highly appreciated!
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Jan van Toor
>
> Temp tables are irrelevant to what you are trying to do. Just open a
 cursor,
> fetch the record, and then follow the fetch with your three inserts.
 Easily done