Re: Format date language

From: CANDIDO DESSANTI <termy_at_blunet.it>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 12:25:53 +0200

libertysurf wrote:
> Hello
> I have installed Oracle on my computer but the date language is in French.
> Hown can I change it in English for all sessions (not with ALTER SESSION
> SET DATE_LANGUAGE=ENGLISH. This command change the format only for the
> current session)
>
> Thank you

modifying it in your init.ora and restarting instance would works.

btw: anyone know in which way i can modify nls parameteres in oracle9i without the need to rebuild the spfile from init.ora file?

it seems athat alter system even with scope=spfile doesnt work Received on Sat Sep 14 2002 - 05:25:53 CDT