Application Tunning

From: Harry Sheng <SHui1002_at_rogers.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 14:22:37 GMT

Hi,
I am tunning a gui application, we expect a database search return in 20 secs, but it actually takes 5 times longer than our expection. I need to find out SQL statements sumitted by the gui, and if additional indexes should be created for better performance. So I run "alter system set create_stored_outlines = true" in SQL*PLUS, then start the
gui app. It seems the gui app will hang there waiting for query results for ever (more than
10 minutes). I have to issue "alter system set create_stored_outlines = false" in SQL*PLUS,
then the gui app displays the query results in seconds. And I get one simple single table access
query captured in OUTLN tables.
Why "create_stored_outlines" affects the database so badly, Where should I look at?

Hu Received on Sat Sep 14 2002 - 09:22:37 CDT