Re: Moving an RMAN backup

From: Jake <me_at_heyjay.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 08:34:58 -0500

And just in case you thought it was only an oracle8 issue, oracle9:

You cannot use CATALOG to perform the following operations:   a.. Catalog any datafile copies that were created in Oracle7 unless they were made after the final consistent shutdown in Oracle7 and before running the migration utility, or were made of a tablespace that was offline normal or read-only at the time of the migration. In other words, no Oracle7 redo must need to be applied to the backups to roll them forward.   b.. Recatalog backup pieces or backup sets. If you run CHANGE ... UNCATALOG against an RMAN backup, then it is permanently unusable by RMAN.   c.. Rename a backup piece or move a backup piece from one place to another.
Jake