Performing Backups via the GUI

From: Richard <rich251076_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 13 Sep 2002 08:14:47 -0700

I have set up my database on one server to export nightly and store it's *.dmp file on another server.

This other server then imports the file and recreates the database.

My problem is that I have found I just can't export a whole database and then do a full import it on this new machine - everything messes up?

I have only had success when I exported the tables alone, ran a script to create the appropriate users on the new server and then imported those tables.

Why can't I just do a full import? :-(

Your help would be much appreciated thank you...

Rich Received on Fri Sep 13 2002 - 10:14:47 CDT