Re: pga setting Oracle 9.2 recommodations?

From: Michael J. Moore <hicamel_x_the_spam_at_attbi.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 19:36:52 GMT

I'd say go for it.
I assume you are using dedicated server.For "Shared server" you would want to play with
the SORT_AREA_SIZE, HASH_AREA_SIZE, BITMAP_SIZE MERGE_AREA_SIZE and CREATE_BITMAP_AREA_SIZE parameters.

Also, your sort_area_size looks a little small. I am not much of an expert on this, so it you need a definitive answer before
proceeding, wait for somebody more experienced to reply.