Re: ORA-1113 signalled during: alter database "perd" open...

From: Anton Buijs <aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 00:15:20 +0200

When you made the backup of the NT server disk , was the database closed during backup of the datafiles of the database? If not: where the tablespaces in backup mode (requires the db to run in archive log mode) during the backup?

If both where not the case: you did not made a proper backup of the database and in fact you have a corrupt database now. With the help of Oracle Technical Support you can get it up and running but in an inconsistent state. The only thing you can do with that database is make a full database export and remove it. Some data is lost but you don't know what.
Then you can build a new database and run a full import.

IF this is the case...
I've seen this so many times on NT machines when I was working for a service provider... if I had got a dollar each time, I could retire now......

Oliver Ãœffing <oliver.ueffing_at_vb-programmers.de> schreef in berichtnieuws altcq9$ho0$04$1_at_news.t-online.com...