Database vs FileSystem (a comparison)

From: José Arango <arango_at_caribe.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 22:58:03 -0400

Hello everyone,

I'm interested in learning the main differences between storing binary files (BLOB's) on a databae vs a filesystem. I would like to know the difference in many aspects: storage, security, performance, scalability etc.

Can anyone point me to the right direction? any good site, whitepaper? I did a search on Google (both Web & Usenet archive) but unfortunately there isn't much out there.

Thanks in advance,
José Received on Fri Sep 13 2002 - 21:58:03 CDT