Re: RMAN backup of a duplicate database

From: Marcin P <pioro1_at_poczta.fm>
Date: 12 Sep 2002 08:38:53 GMT

W artykule <3d7f294a_1_at_news.iprimus.com.au>, kevin bale napisa³(a):

> RMAN online backups have just been set up for all instances. At the moment,
> each host has its own catalogue database because of the duplicate dbid
> problem. I plan to have one catalogue per host after doing refreshes with
> the RMAN duplicate command.

Hello,
If you duplicate database using RMAN duplicate command, dbid is not change. It's mean that prod database and dev database have this same dbid but other names (name cound by this same).

Do you wanna backup dev database ?
If not i can't see any problem.

Pozdrawiam

--
Marcin 'PIORO' Przepiórowski       *    BORN TO BE WILD    *