Re: PAYROLL TIPS

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 20:23:46 GMT

Ed Lufker wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Does anyone have any tips to speed up Oracle Payroll runs. The Check
> writer process is especially slow.
>
> Thanks for any help in advance.
> Eddie Lufker

I think you may well win this month's prize for providing the smallest amount of useful information when asking for the largest amount of help.

Apparently you have Oracle Payroll running in a vacuum. It is not on any hardware with any amount of RAM. It apparently has no operating system and version. It apparently has no version number and is not running on top of any version or edition of the Oracle database. No patches have been applied. And it may or may not have been modified after receipt from Oracle. It may or may not be fast or slow as we have no indication other than a statement that is wholly subjective. We don't know what optimizer mode you are using, if statistics are current and collected regularly, if any EXPLAIN PLAN or DBMS_PROFILER runs have been conducted, or any other bit of useful information.

So since you have chosen not to provide anyone with even a single byte of useful information ... you get back the same.

Daniel Morgan Received on Wed Sep 11 2002 - 15:23:46 CDT