Re: reorganize tablespace

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 11 Sep 2002 14:54:44 -0700

dbazhong_at_yahoo.com (xing zhang) wrote in message news:<1c47148a.0209080829.7ce5fe47_at_posting.google.com>...
> I need to reorganize 11 tablespaces. What are the procedures to
> reorganize entire tablespace and any scripts are available?

Quest has a tool called Space Manager. My boss likes it a lot. For pre-8i databases, it's a very useful tool. With 8i or newer, I usually ALTER TABLE table MOVE TABLESPACE itstablespace and do the same to indexes (change MOVE to REBUILD). Use SQL to generate SQLs to do that. By doing this, I don't need to acquire the skill of using Space Manager!

Yong Huang Received on Wed Sep 11 2002 - 16:54:44 CDT