Re: how do I see if a table is using indexes or scan

From: Anurag Varma <avdbi_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 22:05:44 -0400

<g>
I see you are freaking out in this newsgroup by posting junk messages. Are we having fun yet?

Try doing:
select decode(mod(dbms_random.random,2),-1,'Yes',0,'Maybe','No') from dual;

to figure out if your query is doing index scan or not. You should get a yes or no or maybe. Repeat until you get yes.

.. or

try
set autotrace traceonly explain
query
set autotrace off

... or search on web as to how to generate an explain plan.

Anurag