Re: help on trigger..

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 20:53:04 +0200

On Wed, 11 Sep 2002 19:10:50 +0000, eugene kim <eugene1977_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>hi..
>i have schools, teams and games table..
>game references two teams and team references school..
>normally i would have to populate school first , next team and game..
>however when i insert a game with sufficient informations.. ( i used view
>for additional data which will be used to populate school or team)
>
>i want my trigger to populate all tables as neccessary(cascading insert?)
>thank you for help in advance..

Please stop this nonsense. This group is NOT going to provide you a full Oracle course for free.
Also: you seem to insist on NOT trying to do things PROPERLY. The approach you posted will end you with an application which is RAMBLING and CRASHING from the first key you press. Your BASIC approach is COMPLETELY WRONG

Start reading the Oracle Concepts Manual on PAGE 1, and ONLY come back when you have COMPLETELY READ IT.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Wed Sep 11 2002 - 13:53:04 CDT