Home -> Community -> Usenet -> c.d.o.server -> Re: Can I use the Windows NT logon on Oracle Portal?Has anyone managed to take advantage of the fact that a Portal-user already is logged on to NT?

Re: Can I use the Windows NT logon on Oracle Portal?Has anyone managed to take advantage of the fact that a Portal-user already is logged on to NT?

From: Robert A.M. van Lopik <lopik_at_mail.telepac.pt>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 09:20:37 +0100

"Vasily Poushko" <vasily_at_rbcmail.ru> wrote in message news:allg0b$rqt$1_at_n6.co.ru...
> Have I fill all nt-users in NTLMauth.initArgs file?

No, there you have the credentials of the Oracle account that writes the username (authenticated by mod_ntlm) to the database, so it can be retrieved by the authenticate_user() function within ls_login. So it has nothing to do with the NT-accounts themselves; that is handled by mod_ntlm.

hth
rob van lopik

> "Robert A.M. van Lopik" <lopik_at_mail.telepac.pt> wrote in message
> > No, that is an older attempt. To reach the URL given, you have to
 register
> > seperately with the Portal Knowledge Exchange.
> > Anyway, somehow you will have to involve an NT system to authenticate.
 In
 my
> > proposed solution you may have everything running on Unix, but you will
 need
> > to access _one_ page on an NT-system to have NTLM-authentication take
 place.

> > rob van lopik
> >
> > "Vasily Poushko" <vasily_at_rbcmail.ru> wrote in message
> > > Thank you very much, but at this page I have an error: Error 30573:
 You
 do

 http://www.oracle.com/forums/message.jsp?id=476578&pgm=otn&uid=1031582398836
> > > . But there there are only NT solution, but I need solution for
 Solaris.

> > > "Robert A.M. van Lopik" <lopik_at_mail.telepac.pt> wrote in message

 Portal-user
 already
 Portal),
 so