Re: SQL prodecure to compute ranking

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 09:05:05 +0100

"Richard Foote" <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com> wrote in message news:Aswf9.29177$g9.84134_at_newsfeeds.bigpond.com...
> Hi Galen,
>
> Yeah they do, but they also hurt my head trying to worked them all out.
 Sum
> and Avg I can cope with but anything else and I just go ga ga ...

Then you need to adopt 'a new programming paradigm'. This says 'Does Tom Kyte have a relevant example I can pilfer?' If yes then the problem is solvable, if no then proceed to stating that problem can't be solved within the response times required and would a dump to flat file for the users to play around with in Excel be OK?

mostly kidding :(

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA