Re: Oracle 9i on MSCS without RAC

From: Candido Dessanti <termy_at_blunet.it>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 17:44:49 +0200

Simone wrote:
> I have not idea how can i install on a cluster. Where i have to put
> the installion file (node A, node B, SAN storage?). The database I'm
> sure that will be on the storage.

Are you talking about an HA Configuration without RAC? (in other words you want the the node a active and node b in standy until the node a fail?)

Well you have to install the oracle's executables in servers local drives while the database files have to be placed in the shared disks (datafiles,controlfiles,redolog files including the archived logs files
files that would be accessible from both servers).

The installation path in the servers would be identical.

ciao Received on Wed Sep 11 2002 - 10:44:49 CDT