Re: Where are the Oracle docs?

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au>
Date: 10 Sep 2002 23:01:24 -0700

Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message news:<3D7E0FE3.BAD28E4E_at_exesolutions.com>...

> Aren't there a huge number of 'docs' CDs running around down there?

9i? Most definitely not.

> I get so many it is almost like AOL.

Ah, you see: Oracle Consultancy Australia feels so threatened by anyone being able to read a manual, they really don't like the idea of too many out there... Besides, how can Oracle Press make money out of books if anyone can get their paws on a CD with manuals?

Just joking, but you'd be surprised how real this was at one stage, a few years ago.

The question still stands: where the heck do I download the 9i docs CD? Because I sure can't find it anywhere...

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_optushome.com.au Received on Wed Sep 11 2002 - 01:01:24 CDT