Oracle statistics

From: Maria <evoradba_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: 10 Sep 2002 16:12:26 -0700

Hi there
I have a dummy question
I have this production database in which we have sripts everyday that drops the tables, index, triggers etc then recreates them back, at the end we run statitics which takes hours. Can someone please tell me why dop we have to run the statitics, like what does do? Should we run this everytime, where does it store this information etc I would appreciate any help
Thanks

Maria Received on Tue Sep 10 2002 - 18:12:26 CDT