Re: Get catalog database

From: Jusung Yang <jusungyang_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 10 Sep 2002 11:00:14 -0700

The question is too vague. Catalog has different meaning in different applications. Maybe you are asking for the metadata. There is a DBA_catalog system view you can query to get all the indexes, tables, views, clusters, synonyms, and sequences in the database. For a complete list of dictionary views, most of them have names like DBA_* or ALL_* or USER_*, look up the ORACLE reference manual.