RMAN backups while automatic archiving is disabled

From: sree <net_mall_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 9 Sep 2002 10:53:52 -0700

Hi,

Looks like it is possible to take RMAN backups while the archiveloging is disabled. We have an instance that starts with archiver ON. Then, we disable the archivelog using "alter system archive log stop".

I was under the impression that I need to enable logging before I take RMAN Backups. But, RMAN didn't complain about Archive Logging is disabled. I don't get any error.

Is this normal ?? I read from Rman manual that RMAN backups can't be taken unless archive log is enabled.

Any comments?? Received on Mon Sep 09 2002 - 12:53:52 CDT