Re: How do I place the value of another field in a field :)

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 17:05:04 +0100

"-Pixie" <Frank_Blacks_Pixie_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:a5f80d54.0209090633.63fdcb10_at_posting.google.com...
> Hi. Im a newbie to Oracle & so this question may seem simple to you
> all :) Im trying to teach myself Oracle whilst at the same time create
> a singles website :)

It looks like a visit to the Oracle Concepts manual at http://tahiti.oracle.com is in order.

That said it sounds like you need a trigger and a sequence to increment the mem_id field (which should be defined as a primary key). you will also need a foreign key constraint on the second table. You probably also want a check constraint on the password field. All of the above should be explained in the docs at the site I detailed above.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA