Re: Performance

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 21:15:37 +0400

Well, it takes time to just fetch and display all those 17k rows with 60 columns in each. I don't see any reason for a client application to retrieve the whole dataset and work with it locally, but if your application works this way, be prepared for very heavy network traffic and very bad performance - as I said, it takes time (and a lot) to just send all data to client and your experiment shows nothing about how quickly Oracle was able to start sending you rows (which was "immediately" since you requested trivial full table scan).