Passing PL/SQL tables in formal parameter list

From: Michael J. Moore <hicamel_x_the_spam_at_attbi.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 17:39:59 GMT

How can I define a STAND ALONE procedure to have a PL/SQL table in it's formal parameter list?
I tried this .... I understand WHY it is not working, but what do I need to do to accomplish
the intended result?:

SQL> CREATE or REPLACE PROCEDURE Test1(v_Tab1 OUT t_Tabtype) AS   2
  3 TYPE t_Tabtype IS TABLE OF VARCHAR2(20)   4 INDEX BY BINARY_INTEGER;
  5
  6 v_Tab1 t_Tabtype;
  7
  8 BEGIN
  9 null;
 10 END Test1;
 11 /

Warning: Procedure created with compilation errors.

SQL> show errors
Errors for PROCEDURE TEST1:

LINE/COL ERROR

0/0      PL/SQL: Compilation unit analysis terminated
1/28     PLS-00201: identifier 'T_TABTYPE' must be declared