Re: Rollback tablespace size

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 20:08:59 GMT

76434.1353_at_compuserve.com wrote:

> What should be the size of the rollback tablespace datafile?
> Is there a relation between the size of the rollback and the user
> tablespace and or rollback segments?

There is no simple answer to your question.

One answer would be that it should be large enough to handle every simultaneously connected user running the largest SQL statement simultaneously such that each and every rollback segment becomes large enough to hold the transaction.

Without knowing a lot of very specific information about the system it is impossible to say. My answer would be to ask if any problems currently exist.

Daniel Morgan Received on Mon Sep 09 2002 - 15:08:59 CDT