Re: Reorganize System Tablespace

From: Jayaraman Ashok <ashok_jayaraman_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 9 Sep 2002 20:39:55 -0700

Hi
Sybrand's suggstion that i take full export and recreate and full import may not be possible as the database is around 400GB and there is no downtime window, though it may be the conventional and safe method.
I think i can rebuild those objects using alter table move...command and get it reorganized. Guess i need to note down the indexes on these tables and their type,uniqueness,columns,column position alone. Once i rebuild the table , as the indexes become unusable, i can immediately rebuild these indexes also. I tried it on my desktop database, seems to be fine. Are there any pitfalls?

Cheers,
Ashok