Re: DB2 or Oracle

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au>
Date: 8 Sep 2002 22:04:37 -0700

Serge Rielau <srielau_at_ca.ibm.com> wrote in message news:<3D7B7663.4070909_at_ca.ibm.com>...

> Hmm, mainframes don't count BUT evil DB2 unses a different codebase
> there, shame on them an hence don't buy it for the other platforms..
> Do I sense schizophrenia by competitive marketing here????

You may recall more than a year ago I was vilified for stating as a fact what is now recognized as truth. Back then, I was the bad boy. Now, it's "of course".

BTW, I never said DB2 is "evil", it's your statement not mine.

What I said back then (and everyone made a tremendous effort to discredit me) was that the codebase for zSeries and AS400 is NOT the same as for the others. And therefore IBM cannot claim, like they did back then, that there was only one codebase for DB2. It's bull, always was.

One would think there is no schizophrenia whatsoever in stating the truth, but who am I to say so...

> But you're right, what's a bucks billion here and a billion bucks there
> for anyone but Gartner....

Dunno. Couldn't care less. I left the mainframes behind nearly 20 years ago. Never felt the need to go back.

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_optushome.com.au Received on Mon Sep 09 2002 - 00:04:37 CDT