Re: Disappearing Triggers!

From: Igor Laletin <ilaletin_at_usa.net>
Date: 9 Sep 2002 02:38:14 -0700

[...]

> I contend that triggers (or other objects) do NOT spontaneously go "poof"
> and disappear from an Oracle database. Not that we (TINW) doubt you,
> please post your evidence that the triggers were present & are now gone.

It's such an inperfect world :) Have a look at one of my favourite Oracle bugs - #1803203 "DROP USER REMOVES WRONG TRIGGER FROM DICTIONARY"
" 1. Clear description of the problem encountered: .
When you drop a user who's user# from user$ is the same as another user's
table with an obj# that matches the user#, triggers on the table are removed
from obj$ and trigger$."

> FWIW - I AUDIT all DDL statements so I can at least identfy after the
> fact who did what to whom & when. This level of AUDITing should not
> significantly burden your DB or system.

Sure.

> HTH & YMMV
>

> HAND!
Cheers,
Igor Received on Mon Sep 09 2002 - 04:38:14 CDT