Re: Oracle 8i on Linux.

From: James Cummings <jc1635_at_attbi.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2002 19:24:36 GMT

I've done it on SuSe 8.0, but be forwarned, you'll have to tweak the root.sh script that Oracle uses and you'll have to install the Oracle glibc stubs to get everything right. I still have some of the binaries that don't work (i.e. oemapp and others die with Java errors). For SuSe I found the following URL to be helpful:

http://www.suse.de/en/business/certifications/certified_software/oracle/db/817_8 0.html

James Cummings
"Chaos, panic, disorder.... my work is done."