Use a Single SQLCA

From: Pan Tao <pantao_fz_at_21cn.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 10:47:03 +0800

hello,all

I would like to use Single SQLCA in multiple files. and I check the proc help file from oracle, it said:

Use a Single SQLCA
If you want to use just one SQLCA, you must declare it as global in one of the
program modules and as external in the other modules. Use the extern storage class,
and the following define in your code:
#define SQLCA_STORAGE_CLASS extern

now, I wonder how to declare a global sqlca? just use "EXEC SQL include sqlca "
directly in a file? and in othere files I define SQLCA_STORAGE_CLASS extern, is it so? and I "EXEC SQL include sqlca " in two file, will it declare two global sqlca and will lead to trouble?

thanks for any help,
PanTao Received on Sun Sep 08 2002 - 21:47:03 CDT