Re: Materialized Views: how do I refresh just a single partition?

From: Jusung Yang <jusungyang_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 7 Sep 2002 23:04:26 -0700

Well, this is somewhat different. You use materialized views with the hope of creating a automatic process that updates summarized data, mostly, for you. If you have to go down to the base table level and manually manage it as you would a regular partitioned table, it kind of defeats the purpose of creating a MV in the first place. If the MV can not be easily and automatically refreshed, what would be the use of it? The only thing I can think of is QUERY REWRITE, maybe.

The right questions to ask may be: how do I make my partitioned MV fast refreshable, or in the case of 9i, how do I make them PCT (partition change tracking) refreshable.