Re: Error - ORA-09352: Windows 32-bit two-task driver unable to spawn new oracle task

From: Anton Buijs <aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 19:11:17 +0200

Developer 2000 and Personal Oracle 8.1.7 can't be installed in the same Oracle home. Has something to do with libraries and dll files. Since Developer 2000 does not support multiple homes officially these two products can't be installed together.
In fact, I have it working but it takes some effort. You must remove Oracle complete from your machine. Remove the software directories and the registry key \\HKLM\Software\Oracle Clean up autoexec.bat too.

Then install Developer 2000 first. Install PO 8.1.7 afterwards and IN AN OTHER ORACLE HOME.
Don't know what will happen if you want to add software to the Developer 2000 installation afterwards.
I manipulated autoexec.bat. The PATH includes now both Oracle home bin directories, first PO 817, second the Dev. hom bin. So far it seems to work. Obvious you should always connect using SQL*Net to the PO database from Developer 2000 and therefore a V8.1.7 listener should be running.

Rafeeq P. A. <rafnet_99_at_hotmail.com> schreef in berichtnieuws 13979a30.0209070525.507aa85f_at_posting.google.com...