Moving entire 8.1.7 database b/t machines

From: Robert Banniza <robert_at_rootprompt.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 13:48:15 -0500

I have an Oracle instance I'm running on a Sun 3800. I'm wanting to make an exact replica of this database on a 420R for testing and general trashing to try to some new things. I thought using exp to export the entire database (COMPLETE) and then using imp on the 420 to import the database would do the trick. However, I'm getting all kinds of errors about users not existing and such. Therefore, how can I move the entire database without taking the prod database offline? If I am on the right track with exp/imp, can you tell me what flags I need to do this? I have looked everywhere and nothing seems to be working. I want to bring users over as well. Any help appreciated.

Robert Received on Sat Sep 07 2002 - 13:48:15 CDT