How to tune a huge SELECT ?

From: Christian Svensson <chse30_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 6 Sep 2002 06:50:42 -0700

Greetings,

We have in our Datawarehouse solution Cognos as end user application. Cognos reads from our different datamarts to build its own cubes.

Since these SELECT get a lot of data, we are talking about approx 100 million rows. It takes approx 7-8 hours for Cognos to select this data into a Cognos tempfile where it later use this to build the cubes.

What I wonder is what Oracle setting/tuning can you make when you want to get this amount of data from the database ?

I am open for any suggestions.

Thanks.

Cheers !

/Christian Received on Fri Sep 06 2002 - 08:50:42 CDT