Apache server vs Oracle HTTP server for Oracle 8.1.7.3

From: Kelly Dapprich <k.dapprich_at_umassp.edu>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 16:30:38 -0400

Our organization is going to be upgrading our Oracle databases from
8.0.4 to 8.1.7.3 using Sun Solaris 2.6. Since we have to upgrade our
old web server (OAS 3.X), I have a couple of questions about, and am
looking for opinions regarding Apache's HTTP server (from apache.org)
vs Oracle's (8.1.7.3) HTTP server to help us decide which to utilize.

  1. What are the major differences between using our downloaded Apache server & the Oracle supplied server?
  2. How well does the Apache open source server work with 8.1.7.3?
  3. What changes need to be made to the Apache configuration file to make it compatible with Oracle 8.1.7.3?

Any and all opinions would be appreciated & considered. Thanks, Kelly Received on Fri Sep 06 2002 - 15:30:38 CDT