jre and java crashes during 8.1.7 install on W2000

From: Arrrrrghhh <fred_at_contractor.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 10:54:12 +0000 (UTC)

I have installed 8.1.7 on several w2000 systems, but this one is giving me a headache.

The installation is on a P4 with 512Mb and works fine up to the database creation
diaglog and the network assistanst. The http creation process seems to work.

At this point an error box pops up to say that jrew and/or java have failed, windows is termination
the programs and that an error log is being created. What is does not say is why it has failed,
which of the several copies of these executable were being run at the time, and where any error
information might have been written. It is not in the event log.

The installation then thinks is it complete, but I cannot start up any of the afore mentions programs
without more error messages being generation. The errors are also generated during system startup.

Has anyone else suffered at the hands of this mysterious problem ?

Regards

Fred J Received on Fri Sep 06 2002 - 05:54:12 CDT