Re: sql script not running

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 07:54:31 +0200

gamaz wrote:

> I have a personal version of Oracle. In the sqlplus prompt I am issuing a
> command: start activity.sql to run a sql report. However I am getting an
> error stating 'unable to open file'. I have kept the file activity.sql
> under the bin subdirectory which is under orawin directory.

Two choices.

  1. Add the full path name to the script, e.g. SQL> start c:\orawin\bin\activity.sql (or SQL> @c:\bin\activity.sql)
  2. Modify the shortcut that you use to run SQL*Plus (assuming you are running on Windows). Edit it and change the Working Directory to C:\orawin\bin (the shortcut's working directory is likely C:\Windows\Desktop).
--
Billy