Re: sharing same tablespace , can't see table of other user?

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 08:42:40 +0100

"eugene kim" <eugene1977_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:al9hek$t94$2_at_newsreader.mailgate.org...
> can't i set up a tablespace where user1, user2 can
> create,insert,delete,select tables?
> without worrying about granting priviledge?

As others have pointed out you need to look at object privileges. It is probably easier to do a search of the documentation at http://tahiti.oracle.com rather than at technet. (of course you still need to know what to look for :( ). What I would suggest is that after table creation you issue "grant all on tab to my_group_role; " This will allow all users to select,insert,update and delete from each others tables (provided they name them right.

In addition it seems unlikely that you need to issue connect to each users. my_group_role has create session and most of the create object privileges that are wrapped up in the connect role. If you just grant the my_group_role your users will be able to connect to the db and do work.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA