Re: 9iR2 on RH 7.2 - runInstaller segmentation fault

From: John Williamson <jgwilliamson_at_wcsnet.co.uk>
Date: 6 Sep 2002 03:05:57 -0700

vimal.rai_at_india.birlasoft.com (Vimal Rai) wrote in message news:<d80ec6b7.0209051634.56428e5a_at_posting.google.com>...
> Segmentation Fault is usually caused by the orphaning of shared memory segments
> and semaphores when OFSA applications exit abnormally. This causes any
> semaphores and shared memory segments already allocated by the process
> to be orphaned, which in turn compounds the problem as other processes exit
> and new ones try to start. You can clear the hanging semaphores by restarting
> the server.

Hi Vimal,

Thanks for the info.

Rebooting doesn't seem to have any effect. In fact the first thing I do after startup is to run the installer (after starting an X11 session of course).

The annoying thing is that untypically 9iR2 installed into Windows NT like a dream...(but I don't run my production stuff on NT!)

If I have to upgrade to RH73 then so be it, but it should not be impossible to get it to work on RH72 (????)

Best regards,

John Received on Fri Sep 06 2002 - 05:05:57 CDT