Re: How long will 8.1.7 survive?

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 15:47:28 GMT

Billy Verreynne wrote:

> That is not always the issue. In our case, we need HP-UX 11 to run Oracle 8
> or 8. The dev platform for example (a 4 CPU box) can not run HP-UX 11, only
> HP-UX 10.

Says who?

Go to: http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_gui.startup

And you will find that even version 9.0.1.0 is supported on 32 and 64 bit 10.2 through 11.

Did anyone check the compatibility or just leap to a conclusion?

> I tend to agree. I'm not one for tunning bleeding edge releases, but heck,
> running old and _unsupported_ versions of a product is just plain stupid.
> But then so are the corporate world and their politics.
>
> --
> Billy

Can't disagree there. But as someone that will someday find himself on street with resume in hand you should be pushing for what is best for both the company and yourself.

And old operating systems and old software doesn't cut it.

Daniel Morgan Received on Fri Sep 06 2002 - 10:47:28 CDT