Re: question about oracle ops and high availiable

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 5 Sep 2002 16:24:22 -0700

In article <al8dli$30ot$1_at_mail.cn99.com>, "blue says...

>I cannot understand some solution that run oracle ops on aix hacmp, i think
>it should be:
>
>1, hot-swap, run oracle without ops on hacmp since there will be only one
>instance to run at any time.
>
>2, load-balance, run oracle ops without hacmp, this time will need a
>dispatcher for incoming connection.
>
>am i right?

Well, let me point something out and then ask you the question another way. OPS/RAC run on top of a cluster. In fact, if the installer can't detect the clusterware, it won't give you the option to install RAC. So, here's my question back to you. Can you cluster two AIX boxes WITHOUT using HACMP?

(BTW, I do actually know the answer to this, I'm just trying to get you to think about what you're asking).

HTH. Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete

SELECT standard_disclaimer, witty_remark FROM company_requirements; Received on Thu Sep 05 2002 - 18:24:22 CDT