Re: xhost

From: TurkBear <john.greco_at_dot.state.mn.us>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 12:58:01 -0500

If all it really needs is the DISPLAY set to something ( so it can use some of the X11 type calls ) use Xvfb ( it is a virtual frame buffer ) - Search in Google for it and run it on your Unix box.. It allows you to specify the Display # which then can be exported so apps will think a display is running.

   http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----= Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Unlimited Fast Downloads - 19 Servers =----- Received on Thu Sep 05 2002 - 12:58:01 CDT