Re: How long will 8.1.7 survive?

From: Andy <enzoweb_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 5 Sep 2002 15:22:26 -0700

I don't know about Oracle pushing people to upgrade from V7 databases, but I certainly am. I'm a contractor and move around a bit, and I'm still shocked at the number of V7's out there. Forget about Oracle support issues, I can't remember how the thing works. I even found a V6 database a couple of years ago, and told them I wasn't going to touch it because I'd probably do more harm than good.

I also try and get people to unify the OS to Unix (Solaris is my preference). Apologies to all the Windows afficianados, but I find most are on Unix in large companies.

Also,what happens in a few years when RDBMS V11i comes out and Applications V11 is still around? Confusion I think. Yes, I have V11 experience you say at an interview, then when you turn up "Oh, you meant V11 Applications. Sorry." Received on Thu Sep 05 2002 - 17:22:26 CDT