Re: APPLICATION SERVER 9i HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 16:03:56 +0400

Well, in this case it probably is your internet connection - since the same form loads in 1,5 seconds on local net, this means the page itself is generated in even less time - no matter which browser or connection you used to issue the request. The fact that the resulting page is transferred in minutes instead of seconds suggests that there is something with the external network configuration or speed. Maybe your router or uplink is slow. I would suggest that you verify internet connection speed by tracerouting the public address of your server - trace will include average packet transfer speed to each node participating in the route and will hopefully reveal the point of congestion. You can also try to ping the host and see if there is any packet loss on the way to it. What is the size of page you retrieving? Is this problem experienced with only one page (or a set of pages) on the server, or with all pages?

http://www.dpsp-yes.com